Forty-nine (49) lawyers from Miller Johnson were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in 45 practice areas in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 (Copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.). Forty-two (42) Grand Rapids-based attorneys are Best Lawyers in practice areas including Employment Law – Management, Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law, Health Care Law, Tax Law, and Trusts and Estates. Seven (7) Best Lawyers in the firm's Kalamazoo office are recognized in practice areas including Litigation – Labor and Employment, Elder Law, Family Law, and Commercial Litigation.
Eight attorneys are new to the Best Lawyers list. They are:
- TJ Ackert: Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law, Corporate Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Tony Comden: Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor & Employment
- Karen J. Custer: Real Estate Law
- Wendy Parr Holtvluwer: Non-Profit / Charities Law, and Trusts and Estates
- John F. Koryto: Employment Law – Management
- Mark S. Pendery: Litigation & Controversy – Tax, and Tax Law
- Stephen R. Ryan: Commercial Litigation, and Health Care Law
- J. Scott Timmer: Real Estate Law
The complete list of attorneys and rankings is attached and can also be found here.
Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 41,000 leading attorneys cast almost 3.9 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
Founded in 1959, Miller Johnson is a full-service firm providing legal counsel to businesses and individuals in areas such as business and corporate, employment and labor, litigation, employee benefits, family law, and estate planning. In November 2011, U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers awarded Miller Johnson with the most first tier practice group rankings of any law firms in the Grand Rapids metropolitan area.
# # #