Twenty-four attorneys from Miller Johnson have been selected for inclusion in Michigan Super Lawyers 2012 released this month. In addition, three attorneys are recognized as "Rising Stars."
Jon R. Muth continues to be on the Michigan Top 10 list. Three Miller Johnson attorneys are in the Michigan Top 100: Robert D. Brower, Jon G. March and Jon R. Muth. Carol J. Karr and Laurie K. Murphy are on the Top 50 Women list. Raj A. Malviya, Nathan D. Plantinga, and Robert D. Wolford are Rising Stars.
Miller Johnson attorneys selected are:
- Jeffrey S. Ammon – Business/Corporate
- Mary V. Bauman – Employee Benefits/ERISA
- Frank E. Berrodin – Employee Benefits/ERISA
- Robert D. Brower, Jr. – Estate and Trust Litigation
- James C. Bruinsma – Employee Benefits/ERISA
- David M. Buday - Employment & Labor
- Christopher L. Edgar – Estate Planning & Probate
- William H. Fallon - Employment & Labor
- David J. Gass – Business Litigation
- Carol J. Karr – Estate Planning & Probate
- W. Jack Keiser – Family Law
- Peter J. Kok – Employment & Labor
- Craig H. Lubben – Business Litigation
- Raj A. Malviya – Estate Planning & Probate
- Jon G. March – Employment Litigation: Defense
- Lauretta K. Murphy – Estate Planning & Probate
- Jon R. Muth – General Litigation
- Nathan D. Plantinga - Employment & Labor
- D. Andrew Portinga – Business Litigation
- Michael B. Quinn – Family Law
- Mark E. Rizik - Tax
- Stephen R. Ryan – General Litigation
- Thomas P. Sarb – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Robert W. Scott – Real Estate
- Michael J. Taylor – Estate Planning & Probate
- Robert D. Wolford – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Thomas R. Wurst – Employment & Labor
Michigan Super Lawyers is published by the Minneapolis, Minn.-based Law & Politics, which compiles the list by researching each candidate and evaluating indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. They consider verdicts and settlements, transactions, representative clients, experience, honors and awards and professional activity.
Founded in 1959, Miller Johnson is a full-service firm providing legal counsel to businesses and individuals in areas such as business and corporate, employment and labor, litigation, employee benefits, family law, and estate planning. In November 2011, U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers awarded Miller Johnson with the most first tier practice group rankings of any law firms in the Grand Rapids metropolitan area.
# # #