Craig A. Mutch, Managing Member, announced the following leadership positions at Miller Johnson. The terms are effective immediately.
- Robert D. Wolford will serve as the new chair and Laurie K. Murphy will serve as new vice chair of the firm's Business section.
- Peter J. Kok will continue to serve as chair and John F. Koryto will continue as vice chair of the firm's Employment and Labor section.
- Craig H. Lubben will continue to serve as chair and Richard E. Hillary II will continue as vice chair of the firm's Litigation section.
- Sarah K. Willey is the new administrative member in the firm's Kalamazoo office.
- Jeffrey J. Fraser is the new Diversity Officer and chair of the Diversity Council.
Attorneys in Miller Johnson's business section provide clients with the legal advice and counseling necessary to further the development and growth of their businesses. They are recognized by third parties for proficiency in more than a dozen areas including bankruptcy, employee benefits, real estate, and tax matters in addition to personal legal services for family law and trusts and estates.
Employment and labor attorneys at Miller Johnson offer their extensive knowledge and broad experience to help employers develop policies and preventive programs that foster positive employment relations and long-term profitability. They are known for being aggressive but sensitive in resolving employment-related disputes. With more than two dozen attorneys practicing employment and labor law, Miller Johnson has the largest group in West Michigan.
Miller Johnson has a diverse litigation practice known for achieving successful results. Our litigators regularly try cases of all kinds—including highly complex and sophisticated cases—at the trial and appellate levels, in state and federal courts in Michigan and throughout the United States. They are recognized by third parties for proficiency in areas including antitrust, construction, eminent domain & condemnation, product liability, professional malpractice, real estate, and trusts and estates.
Founded in 1959, Miller Johnson is a full-service firm providing legal counsel to businesses and individuals in areas such as business and corporate, employment and labor, litigation, employee benefits, family law, and estate planning. In November 2012, U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers awarded Miller Johnson with high rankings for 34 practice areas in the Grand Rapids Metro area and 11 in Kalamazoo.
# # #